Click transcript to read the trailer transcript.
Nate Bradford, Jr. and other Black farmers and ranchers are fighting to preserve a type of rural, Black agricultural life. But the past keeps blocking their future.
In the third season of The Heist, we follow Bradford’s fight to survive against the long, documented history of government discrimination against Black farmers.
Coming October 3
Coming October 10
Coming October 17
Coming October 24
Coming October 31
Want more of The Heist?
Get behind-the-scenes info and alerts when new episodes become available.
Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
Season 3 Credits
- Host/reporter: April Simpson
- Senior Producer: Camille Peterson
- Producer: Kiarra Powell
- Executive producers: Gretta Cohn and Dan O’Donnell
- Managing producer: Wilson Sayre
- Editors: Sara Nics, Mc Nelly Torres, Jamie Smith Hopkins, Matt DeRienzo, Jane Sasseen
- Contributing Editor: Keishel Williams
- Mix engineer: Louis@StoryYard
- Data Reporter: Joe Yerardi
- Audience engagement: Lisa Yanick Litwiller, Ashley Clarke, Vanessa Lee, Charlie Dodge, Katherine Hapgood
- Design: Janeen Jones
- Fact checking: Peter Newbatt Smith
- Illustrations: Amanda Howell Whitehurst, (lead photo illustration by Janeen Jones / Center for Public Integrity, derived from a photo by April Simpson / Center for Public Integrity)
This podcast was produced in partnership with the McGraw Center for Business Journalism at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York.
Special thanks to Rural Advancement Foundation International USA.
Help support this work
Public Integrity doesn’t have paywalls and doesn’t accept advertising so that our investigative reporting can have the widest possible impact on addressing inequality in the U.S. Our work is possible thanks to support from people like you.